Saturday, March 24, 2012

Beach Decor

I love, lOvE, LOVE the ocean, the sand, the wind, and definitely the seaside relaxation. It's one of the few places I can really relaxed, not be in a hurry, and can actually sit still for more than two minutes! :) 
With that in mind, I set out to do a small 'beachy' corner. My aunt just happened to bring this cute, repurposed table/cabinet in the same day. I thought it looked beachy too so I utilized it quickly!
The shadow box has vintage/antique keys bought at thrift stores which we added ribbon, string, etc. to. The little bucket was free (pulled out of a barn), painted, filled with shells, and the net around it is repurposed store packaging. The little shell-filled glass 'vases' were given to me by my mother-in-law and are at least 30 years old. I was pleased with the way my beach area turned out :) (and a little proud that I had repurposed a lot of the stuff I used for it!).


My first try at floral arranging. The 'planter' was free as I pulled it out of a garage. It was metal and dirty. I cleaned it up, spray painted with a coat of flat black and the covered that with a coat of cream/beige/off-white paint.
I am happy to say that after completed, it sold in less than a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and thoughts.
Please feel free to leave one!