Sunday, January 15, 2012

Yummy Chocolate Chip Cookies

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

I make really, really, really! good chocolate chip cookies. Just made three delicious batches and froze some batter for next time the craving hits us!

I always double the recipe below:

3/4 cup (3/4 stick) Crisco butter-flavored vegetable shortening sticks
1-1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar (1/2 box)
2 Tablespoons milk (I use soy milk)
1 Tablespoon vanilla flavoring
1 large egg (I use Egg Beaters)
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup milk chocolate chips*
* I also add white chocolate or butterscotch chips, M&M's, Reeses Pieces, or whatever we are in the mood for.

Preheat oven to 350oF.
Combine first four (4) ingredients in large bowl. Beat with mixer at medium speed until well blended. Slowly mix egg into creamed mixture.
Combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix into creamed mixture until well blended.
Stir in chocolate/butterscotch/white chocolate chips.
Drop by rounded spoonfuls of dough 2 to 3 inches apart on ungreased baking stone. Bake at 350oF. for 7 to 9 minutes. DO NOTE OVERBAKE
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.


01.20.2012

So, I made extra dough and froze it. Couldn't sleep last night so at about 2:00 a.m., I decided to make cookies for my customers this weekend. These turned out even yummier than the original ones I made! Must remember this! It was so nice to have the batter ready and all I had to do was add chocolate and white chocolate chips and bake!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and thoughts.
Please feel free to leave one!