Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Back Road Lunch Break Treasure Find

So, I know I am supposed to be working on my website, and I did last night. I spent at least two hours looking for backgrounds/wallpaper/layouts and I still don't have one. But, I will get it done. But I HAVE to make at least two posts tonight.
I sit in front of a computer four days a week at my 'full-time' job as an Administrative Assistant. Lots of days at lunch, weather permitting, I just hop in the car and drive a few miles just to get away. I love love love taking a back road. I'll take extra time and extra miles over the interstate ANY DAY! So much more interesting and you never know what treasures you will find!
Today was a beautiful sunny day (after lots of rain) so, I decided to venture out at lunch time to a different kind of antique/vintage/crafty mall. I stumbled upon this place about six months ago on another pretty day's lunch break.
Measured it today via quickest route and it was actually only five miles off my normal route!

 
This was the entrance....okay, so they still had Christmas decorations up, but I didn't let that stop me!

This place is basically just a lot of storage buildings with different owner's products in each one. They each have their own personality - some my style and some not so much, but that's okay, as my husband tells me "It's not always all about me!" hahaha

Really enjoyed spending about an hour here (I was on lunch break after all!) along with the beautiful day. Although, I love snow and could seriously use a few snow days to stay at home and have fun repurposing and crafting!


 Now, this wheel is definitely my style and I just happen to have one of these too!
 
Don't know why, but for some reason I like the parking meter, shutters and  the rusted grocery cart too??

Again, not sure why I'm attracted to the these - rusty old appliances?
I bet there are people reading this thinking "What a red neck!" haha
One of the good things about aging (there are a few!) is that you just don't care as much what other people think!

               May have to go back and get one of these  
               extremely cute vintage umbrellas!

Shutters again...so many possibilities!
Old door repurposed for shelves.                      My favorite purchase of  the day - Vintage sign!

Update: I went back to this place the following day and bought the door. Haven't gotten it home yet (wouldn't fit in my car!) But, I know exactly what we are going to do with it. So excited! I talked to the owner, Dee, for a good 30 minutes.....what a precious lady she is. I told her about my blog and although she didn't really know what a blog was, she was happy! I also purchased a CD for my sister's birthday while I was there. I told Dee I would give her some more credits so here is the main road sign and their information:


If you are ever out her way, stop by and see Dee and her husband Pete. They are really kind Christian people and tell her you read about it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and thoughts.
Please feel free to leave one!