Sunday, January 8, 2012

Repurposed Frame using Burlap

This is my very FIRST attempt at a blog. I wanted to replace a clear plastic jewelry display that was on the counter at my store. The item needed to 'lean' back so it wouldn't topple over on anyone so I was limited on what I could put there. I was actually looking for a shelf or something to display any store items in but at the same time needed to 'hide' frequently used essential small office supplied kept behind the original display (stapler, paper clips, etc.) I LOVE the way this turned out and can't wait to make others!
I started with a frame bought from a local discount store,
took out the glass, covered the cardboard with burlap, and then placed the 
burlap covered cardboard back in the frame. 

Next, I took two square coarkboards and placed a squared piece
of scrapbook paper pieces on top of coarkboards.

Finally, I took two simple plain clothespins and covered them with scrapbook paper,
glued on a button and placed the clothespins on the coarkboards and then
added my messages (which I can change out as desired).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and thoughts.
Please feel free to leave one!