Friday, January 13, 2012

Creativity with Material Scraps - Vintage Flowers

I found some small 'fake' books at the thrift store for $0.49 each. I splurged and bought all six of them! :) Here's what they looked like when I got them home and cleaned them up a bit. Measure about 4 inches by 3 inches.
My mind was churning with ideas of what to do with them with items I had available (for free)! I've NEVER been close to being a seamstress. Actually, I still take missing buttons to my mother's house and she sews them on for me (I know, that's pretty bad). I love the vintage flowers made out of material scraps. I visited dear old Mom and got a few of her leftovers. Here's my first completed project with the books.

Considering this was my very first try at the vintage flowers, I thought it wasn't too bad. I am now working on the others!


Check back to see what I came up with and offer any suggestions!
My second completed book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and thoughts.
Please feel free to leave one!